Friday 16 December 2011

4. Who would be the audience for your media product? ( AS Re-sit)

 ‘Bump ‘n’ Grind’ targets a global audience though it mainly centre’s on the British and American people. This is because they are the musical initiators and most of the mainstream artists and bands featured and promoted in this music magazine originate from both countries (especially America).

I decided that the main audience for my media product will be roughly 17-30 year olds. This is because I believe that people between this age range will more likely be the passionate followers and listeners of the R ‘n’ B culture. Although, people older than 30 will find my magazine entertaining as it’s definitely more of a mature read also the soulful music will be quite alluring to the older generation(s).

My magazine is not specifically targeted at a particular gender hence I stayed away from colours like blue and pink as these colours and similar ones tend to be associated with different genders.

Although my magazine aims to target all races, the main demographic of my music magazine will be the Afro-Caribbean audience as R ‘n’ B and soul originate from the Nubian population (See my mood boards).

My magazine targets people that are into their soul and R ‘n’ B music. People that regularly go to music concerts, gigs and even people that make music themselves will be interested in my magazine too. Some of them will also be into music technological devices such as music players (e.g. mp3 and mp4 players), headphones (brands such as Beats by Dr Dre and Skullcandy) and music related fashion (designers such as G-Shock watches and Bape).


‘Bump ‘n’ Grind’ completely targets the ABC1 social class.


No comments:

Post a Comment