Friday 16 December 2011

3. What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why? (AS Re-sit)



I decided that the publishing house I wanted to distribute my magazine would be Condé Nast publications. There are various factors that helped me come to my decision. For instance, the fact that Condé Nast does not have a magazine similar to mine means that as well as attracting a new audience, there will be no major competition with their other magazines. Generally their magazines target and are distributed to people of a higher class to my target audience, thus bringing in revenue from another audience. By publishing my magazine, Condé Nast will gain recognition from an even wider audience.

The main audiences of Condé Nast magazines are middle aged, middle classed people that enjoy reading lifestyle magazines. This contrasts with my magazine which is not only for the working class but it is also for young, urban music lovers. Having a magazine like my own will place Condé Nast in a positive and respectable position in the eyes of my target audience. This is because people of the working class will not be able to feel like this publishing house is discriminatory against them. Each of this publication company’s have specific magazines targeted at specific demographic, mine being mainly people that are interested in soul and R ‘n’ B music. My magazine will be able to make a substantial amount of profit as there will be no competition between the company.


Vogue, Brides and GLAMOUR are examples of some of the lifestyle magazines Condé Nast publish. My magazine will be a noteworthy investment for the company as they have nothing similar to my magazine, this will widen their audience. In addition, my magazine is of comparable standard and superiority with that of Condé Nast magazines.


My magazine will be distributed at local newsagents and supermarkets all over the country as many famous magazines get distributed this way. Distributing my magazine this way is faster and makes things easily accessible for my audience. Similarly to the way present Condé Nast magazines are distributed I will have my magazine available to purchase/subscribe on the internet, I will have a website and mobile phone services for my magazine. This way my magazine will be easily accessible to my audience -specifically my target audience.
As my magazine gets recognition and it becomes successful I will work on distributing it all around the world.





No comments:

Post a Comment