Monday 3 January 2011

Introduction and methodology

Introduction
For the coursework section of my AS Media course I have been required to create a music magazine of my choice. Not only do I have to make a music magazine front cover, but I have to also make my very own contents page and double page spread. My blog will record my progress.
Methodology
Step by step proposal of what I intend to do:
1.      When I have decided what kind of genre my music magazine is going to be, I will look at various magazines and websites similar to my chosen type. Looking out for conventions of the magazine types and also to get rough ideas of what my magazine should look similar to.

2.      Next I will be creating an audience research questionnaire, aimed at my target audience. The information I gather from this questionnaire will hopefully enable me to be able to create my own magazine effectively.

3.      When my results are in, I will create graphs and analysing what my results show.

4.      Subsequently, I will then do a textual analysis of a music magazine front cover and double page spread. Doing this will help me look out for things that work and perhaps do not work, so I know what’s best to include when constructing my product.

5.      I will start drawing rough sketches of what I want each of my pages to look like.

6.      Then after I have chosen my models, I will give them a briefing of what I what them to do e.g. their costumes. Accordingly I will book two slots for the studio to take my pictures, the second slot just in case I need to take different pictures.

7.      After I have made necessary edits/ alterations to my images I will then start creating my magazine.

As I go along, I will add more work to my blog as this is just a rough outline of some of the things I need to include.

No comments:

Post a Comment